Mired in Darkness
Potential players should contact the Storyteller before creating a character to ensure that their concept and play style will match the game. That said, here is what I am hoping to bring to the table:
- a game that is both fun and fair to everyone – myself included;
- daily updates (barring outside issues such as travel, etc), assuming any input needs to be given;
- and a story heavy on character focus and their actions.
What I ask in return:
- players who are interested in working together to tell a story, rather than become immediately overpowered (demi)gods;
- a variety of character-types to make a variety of interesting stories with;
- and players interested in writing those stories.
Prior to sending a character sheet, please be aware that at a minimum I will require the following information. I’m asking these questions for two reasons: first, to get to know you as a player and, second, to hopefully get an idea of who’s willing to put effort into the game.
- What clan would you prefer to play? If you are able to play your first choice clan:
- Why are you interested in being a part of the coterie?
- What are your short-term goals?
- What are your long-term goals?
Finally, the following clans are restricted or disallowed at character creation. Restricted indicates that I will accept characters of those clans and/or bloodlines with a suitably impressive back story.
- Restricted: Cappadocian, Salubri, Tremere, most bloodlines
- Disallowed: Gargoyles, Giovani, Lamiae, Lhiannan, Niktuku, most non-European bloodlines
Mired in Darkness will use standard Character Creation for the Vampire the Dark Ages, 20th Anniversary Edition setting. Prior to creating a character, please review the house rules page regarding Disciplines and disallowed Merits and Flaws.